Rally Software Review

Gives us a lot of visibility as to what features are getting released and when.

What is most valuable?

For us, the most valuable feature was writing all the stories. We found features such as figuring out what stories are going to get into which sprint and organizing the backlog and dependencies, to be useful to us.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of improving the organization functions, it gives us a lot of visibility as to what features are getting released and when. It also helps us to track across the organization in a much better fashion. In my opinion, visibility is the biggest benefit that we have received from implementing CA Agile Central.

What needs improvement?

We would probably like to see a more robust dependency management system.

We have not experienced any issues. So far, things have been working fine for us.

We have started a little slow. There are just a couple of teams that are using CA Agile Central, so we've not really scaled it up for multiple teams across the organization. However, within our group there are 3 or 4 teams that are using CA Agile Central right now.

We've not used them so far. Thankfully, we didn’t need to use them.

We were not using any other solution prior to this. Since our organization was moving to agile, we evaluated a few products and CA Agile Central seemed to be a good option that would fit all of our needs; so that's how we decided to go with it.

Not me personally but there was somebody in my team that was involved in the initial setup. We did not encounter a lot of issues or challenges.

Of course, we had to pull some experts from CA as well just to get their ideas on how we're supposed to set it up, how things work and what are the best practices to follow and so on.

Other than that, the first couple of iterations/sprints we had to learn and tweak a little bit as part of retrospectives. Otherwise, it has been okay.

Initially, we looked at a couple of vendors, namely Pivotal Tracker.

What other advice do I have?

You need to clearly know what you want or how you want to implement and use the product. Once you have clarity then you can figure out how you want to setup the solution and go from there.

For us, the user interface was the most important criteria while choosing a vendor. We found it to be more intuitive than the others. We also felt that it can probably scale up to the needs of what we have within the organization, in terms of integrating with the rest of the ecosystem.