Rally Software Review

We can link user stories and tasks to features and initiatives. It should integrate more seamlessly with other tools we use.

What is most valuable?

I like that you can link user stories and tasks to the features and the initiatives. This allows us to see how much were investing in people and effort. Mainly, I like the simplicity of it.

We can very easily run a report that clearly shows the amount of effort we’re investing in initiatives and features. It is very straightforward.

How has it helped my organization?

It brought transparency and clarity to our work. We can see from one place everything the engineering team is working on, in a very simple way using a very simple interface.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in these areas:

• Integration with Git is not very good. It should integrate more seamlessly with the other tools that we use.
  • The ability to inexpensively add custom reports.
  • Ability to easily add features, such as saving views, that we need to add to these reports.
  • Ability to specify required fields per project and not per workspace.
  • Some competitors offer much more flexibility.

JIRA, for example, has much more flexibility in terms of defining your own states, your own workflows, and even when you're in the same work space. Whereas, with Agile Center, you have to decide whether share a workspace with other teams; then you must all comply with the same configuration. For us this is a problem, because many business units are sharing the same workspace even though they have different processes and different flows. So you can either all agree on the same one or move to your own. But in that case, you lose the transparency of everybody being in the same workspace, which is part of the value and core reason why we want to use the tool.

We have had issues with custom reports that were dependent on an internal Agile Center API, but they crashed often. These are now fixed, and other than these, it's been okay.

Technical support is very responsive we were happy with them.

The solution we had just didn't work and required too much time from the engineering team, which I was highly against.

Initial setup was pretty straight forward.

Agile Center was already used in my company by other business units, so it was supported internally. Also, we heard that technical support was good. Since are heavily invested in Bugzilla for bug tracking, integration with Bugzilla was a plus.

We are not expert at Agile. We use a different tool for each development model; Eternity WaterFall and Agile. I think that that's one of the advantages.

What other advice do I have?

In a vendor, we look for good support by people that have a lot of product knowledge. We don’t want to have to wait a long time before new features and customer feedback are integrated into the next release.