What is most valuable?
The features I view as most beneficial are:
- The ability to search at different levels and views
- Having tabs in an opened user story so that one can jump to a tab and check the details without leaving the user story
- Being able to sort on any element in the column headers
- Being able to add new elements to a page type
- Being able to move user stories to different sprints or backlogs easily
- Being able to add content or select a different drop down and have it saved automatically while still working on a user story
- Being able to get to help-rich tool pages and videos
- Having a community for this tool
- Having a dashboard that can be customized to a user
- Being able to write program code to generate a unique report
- Being able to click on maintenance wheel thumbnails to do such things as delete a particular attachment
- Having tool level tabs to select a different view page in the drop-down
- Being able to “split” a user story for tasks that have not been completed
That is just a starter list.
How has it helped my organization?
When there are disparate locations in cross-area teams, it is difficult to locate all of the documentation that one needs.
Having the CA Agile Central tool allows for there to be one place that contains all the information on teams and sprint by having features to add and update notes, attachments, and data element values to user stories and tasks.
This encourages team members to make updates as a way for others to learn the challenges and developments that are occurring during sprints and to communicate statuses on where we are now regarding tasks that are in-progress or completed.
What needs improvement?
I think that the product use of the user-story-split feature that creates child user stories can be abused by users for being so easy to do. It will require one to drill down to the grandchild, or great-grandchild, etc., to see the progression or what happened before now.
Also, it will look messy when seeing a list of nested user stories. Using this feature, a waterfall view is being promoted. Instead, having predecessors and successors as part of the split will allow us to track this “legacy” user story better, which should have been created as smaller user stories to begin with.
In a sense, completion of a user story in a sprint would have been reinforced by not seeing parent and children. Predecessor user stories would not contain unfinished tasks.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been using CA Agile Central for one year.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We haven’t had any stability issues, but at times there are IE browser stalls for those who use IE in meeting presentations. I, for one, use Firefox as my browser, so I do not experience issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
I have not had scalability issues at all.
How are customer service and technical support?
I have not had a chance to work with technical support yet.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I have not used a different tool, because we did not have one.
How was the initial setup?
Setup was done on my behalf, so I cannot comment.
What other advice do I have?
I think that there is a trial period for this tool, so I would say to try it. However, some training is needed first.
Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor.
Jan 25 2017