Rally Software Review

It has enhanced our ability to understand the work being done, especially on projects you may not be directly related to.

What is most valuable?

The ability to plan and assign work. Our project/product teams use this to effectively plan sprints and assign and track work assignments. It has greatly enhanced our ability to understand the work being done, especially on projects you may not be directly related to. By having all our teams use the same tool, we have better communication and coordination.

How has it helped my organization?

It greatly helped our adoption of agile project management techniques. More projects are completed on time.

What needs improvement?

Portfolio management and reporting may be the weakest areas.

I’ve been using Agile Central for 12 months.

We lose connectivity at times when the site has issues. This is a hosted solution.

Technical support is good.

We used a Bamboo Solutions product that interfaced with SharePoint.

Initial setup was relatively simple. In order to match our department organization, there were significant discussions. But the Rally representative helped set it up with us at no cost. It was Rally when we purchased. We had to develop a custom report from the information.

We did evaluate alternative solutions.

More Rally Software reviews from users