Rally Software Review

As a requirements engineer, most valuable is user story writing/editing/reviewing with peers.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It is supposed to shorten the project’s lifecycle. I do not have proof of this.

What needs improvement?

The text editor is for sure an area with room for improvement. Under IE 11, the Backspace key is not functioning as expected; it deletes and also inserts empty rows. If you continue, you end up with a lot of empty rows that you do not want. The DEL key, as well. Formatting is difficult.

A CR (carriage return) always creates a new paragraph. But sometimes you just want to stress something in relation to previous statement, but you do not want it in a new paragraph.

Pasting text from Word can create a lot of formatting issues, mostly in cases when the font is not recognized. Also, features such as graphics and tables are supported but only if coming from Word. So, if you want to eliminate a column or a row, you need to go back into Word, make the update, and then past back in the editor. In fact, if you want to come back to a text and edit it, it is very difficult to maintain the initial format.

These issues slowed down my work.

My comments are meant to help improve the product, not criticize it.

I have used Agile Central for five years.

We have not had stability issues.

We have not had scalability issues.

Technical support is very good.

This is our first solution for agile projects.

Setup was somehow difficult until all folders had been created and the rules on how to use them were set up. This has nothing to do with the product itself.

I had no involvement in this, so no advice.

It was a company decision. I just adopted the company decision.

What other advice do I have?

Be very clear in agile and then “map” your knowledge into the product setup.