Rally Software Review

I can start at the user story level and then go upstream to create features and link those together. It could have more reporting options besides generating a chart.

What is most valuable?

The connection between user stories, tasks, themes, initiatives and test cases, can be easily linked together. And, it allow users to start from any level of structure. For instance, I can start at the user story level and then only go upstream to create features and link those together. The tools provide the flexibility for the user to configure any way they want based on the delivery team working mode.

How has it helped my organization?

The project team can easily keep track of progress and the burndown chart that, if auto-populated by the tools itself, is a good indicator for the team to keep track of their velocity.

What needs improvement?

For the reporting side, it could have more options besides generating the chart. It would be good if it also allowed infographics.

I have used Agile Central for a year and a half.

We have not encountered stability issues.

I have not used support before.

I did not use a previous solution. So far, I have only used this tool.

The initial setup was quiet straightforward and user friendly. The UI interface is not too complex and allows inline editing.

I am not sure about this, as the licensing subscription is made under company.

We did not evaluate any alternatives as our management introduced this tool to us.

What other advice do I have?

Have a score card for features that HPE ALM has. I do see some project teams uncertain when adopting Agile Central tools, as they don’t have the score card features and thus it is very hard for them to change.