Rally Software Review

In our orgaization, every team can follow what the other team is doing.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many teams that work on different modules and every team can follow what the other team is doing at the moment, so as to take a decision about taking the user story into the sprint or wait, till the dependent team finishes its work. So, it suits distributed and big projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this product are

• Creating, updating and deleting (CRUD) operations.
  • Search for the user stories, defects and test cases (I simple search by the ID and do not often use the Advanced Search option).

These functions are valuable for me, because I do use them every working day.

What needs improvement?

Probably, the user story history details could include the candidate. Now, it is ugly looking and is not informative. I would prefer to use it to restore details.

I did experience stability issues.

Sometimes, it has short hanging periods during a planning session, i.e., when you discuss the user story, without the screen displaying the acceptance criteria, mockups and so on.

As usual, there were some scalability issues. If you have many items on the screen, it becomes a bit slow.

Sometimes, the UI is not intuitively understandable.

What other advice do I have?

Make it user-friendly.

Probably, you can add some UI templates such as a combination of filters/functions, etc.