Rally Software Review

Provides visibility across the team, how much free time, how many deliverables

What is our primary use case?

To manage our work in a common way.

In terms of performance, we're just getting started on it. No issues so far.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps me plan the work. Also helps me plan an estimate of how soon or how far out we'll be able to deliver something. Those are big things.

What is most valuable?

• Visibility across the team
  • Ability to see the team's capacity - how much free time, how many deliverables

What needs improvement?

It could use some templates and patterns that we can follow. There's a lot of support for Scrum and Agile, but something for the Kanban side, I'd really appreciate that.

Less than one year.

I don't have a comment on this because we've just started to use it. From what I've heard from other users, it seems like a good, stable product.

We were looking for a tool to support our work, to support our process, especially in the Kanban area. Without that, we started to use Excel, we started to use SharePoint but, really, they were not giving us value, the visibility. Then we started to look for something which is specifically made for supporting this kind of process.

What other advice do I have?

When our company is looking for a new vendor we float an RFP; there is a set of criteria, we get together, list down all the requirements that we have. Any tool that we look for we look for, we typically look at four different vendors, four different tools, and try and compare them.

I would recommend CA Agile, certainly, but it all depends on what processes you have and whether it's a fit for them.