Rally Software Review

Helps with getting the alignment between strategy and execution for product teams all the way to delivery teams

Video Review:

What is our primary use case?

CA Agile Central is used for the lifecycle of Initiatives, Features, and User Stories, Defects: from concept through delivery

How has it helped my organization?

• It really helped to connect the dots between what the overall vision was down to T-Mobile.
  • Having that view into features and roadmap from product to delivery teams, and where they are going, then execute on.
  • Being able to have the information, helping to facilitate those conversations, and just overall delivery. It is a really powerful tool for that.

What is most valuable?

It really helps with getting the alignment between strategy and execution for the product teams, all the way down to the delivery teams.

What needs improvement?

What I have learned is that a lot of features that I am looking for, in many cases, are part of a different tool set that CA offers. Really it is more learning about which features and tool, those features would be in. A lot of the features that we would be looking to add, I am learning may not be within Agile Central, but part of another CA tool set. It is about learning which tool that would be and how to integrate it.

It would be nice if CA had those tools as part of a package rather than having to try and find multiple tools to integrate together. Some of the additional features that we are looking at would be better roadmapping capabilities and increased robustness around permissions. More of a view into the overall lifecycle of the portfolio items, so post acceptance of a story through the pipeline. Those are some of the key things that I would like to see.

Three to five years.

For the most part, we have found that it is pretty stable. There are the occasional outages, but for the most part, it is pretty reliable.

That is one of the advantages of CA Agile Central: Its ability to scale. Other tools that we have looked at or heard of, that is one of the limitations they have. The reason why we use Agile Central is its ability to scale across teams of teams.

It is really good. In addition to tech support, we have had the agile success program supporting us. They are very responsive, helpful, and available. When we have needed tech support, they have been able to help guide us through it as well. So, really helpful.

What other advice do I have?

I would give it about an eight and a half. The reason why it would not be higher is because some of the things we are looking for we had to get other tools to plug into. Whereas, some of the other solutions we have seen out there, it is all-in-one tool set.

1 visitor found this review helpful