Ranorex Studio Review

The ability to create test scripts with the flexibility to run them as a whole or as individual test steps within the script is valuable, but the UI can be quirky at times.

Valuable Features

The ability to create test scripts with the flexibility to run them as a whole or as individual test steps within the script. This greatly reduces the amount of time spent creating test scripts.

Improvements to My Organization

With completed test automation suites we have greatly reduced the amount of time spent manually regression testing after each software release.

Room for Improvement

The only real complaints I would have would be a bit of quirkiness in the UI at times, but no application is perfect.

Use of Solution

I have used it for about five years.

No issues encountered.

Ranorex customer service has been prompt the couple of times I have contacted them. There was one instance where I had an issue and contacted them for a solution they were unable to provide it, and I ended up finding a work around on my own. The Ranorex user blog is al helpful platform.

The initial set-up is very basic, download the executable and run it just like most other programs.

Implementation Team

We implemented the product in-house. The only tricky part is if using their floating license option, the configurations need to be set up across the network. My current organization is small so we experienced no issues. Implementing on a much larger scale could be a bit tricky.

ROI

The ROI would be the man hours saved by implementing the Automation suite.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Other Solutions Considered

The ROI would be the man hours saved by implementing the automation suite. The pricing for this tool is acceptable for the amount of features it provides and as for licensing we are small company and only have two licenses. I believe they offer some savings based on the number of licenses purchased.

Other Advice

Based on my experience, this would be my tool of choice for test automation. There are many out there but I have yet to find one that offers all of the features mentioned above in one package.

1 Comment
Multimedia Solutions Verification Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

I think Ranorex is far robust than QTP or other UI test tools than I know(Test Complete etc.), it has some minor problems, for example opening a browser remotely.

To be able to compile to a exe file is very good but it should be more good if we should run that exe file without need to install the Ranorex on that computer also.

18 November 15