Ranorex Studio Review

The test execution times of our test automation projects were significantly improved. However, it lacks Windows Mobile automation.

What is most valuable?

Live tracking along with capturing the RX path of objects, and cross browser testing is the most valuable feature of this product. Also, its seamless integration with any test management tool is the best feature.

How has it helped my organization?

In total, the test execution times of the test automation projects were significantly improved. In conjunction with a new test case design, ease of use, the functionality of the software and C# as the standard programming language, new test cases can be implemented more effectively than with the older software.

The results up to now indicate that much less time is needed for execution with Ranorex robust tests compared to the previously used automation tool

What needs improvement?

Object recognition of Outlook add-ins instead of raw text recognition could be better. Ranorex should also provide features for Windows Mobile automation.

I have been using this tool for the last two years, and I love the way that they have frequent updates that provide new features and support for the latest technology.

8/10.

Ranorex has provided on-line training for my company, particularly for test automation, so 8/10.

I've seen and used many different test automation solutions like HpP QTP. Not only is Ranorex's solution one of the most powerful and easy to use, it has one of the lowest cost entry points resulting in a quicker ROI.

Also, their end user support and communication has been second to none. C# language support is an added advantage of that.

It was very straightforward, just click on the EXE file and it will do the rest automatically.

The initial set-up was quiet simple, and there was no need for any external help.

We found that the tool could also be used in reproducing defects and automating user cases, which were very hard to do manually.

What other advice do I have?

Ranorex doesn't provide automation for Windows Mobile, and lacks some of the basic functions like table comparison etc. Although one can achieve this through C# or VB.net, it would be better if it provides the UI comparison. However, Ranorex uses power of C# to built a highly competitive Automation tool.

You should go for it and it will not let you down.