Ranorex Studio Review

Using this product, we have been able create and manage UI automation in the best possible way, but they need to improve their support of different web browsers along with Flash support.

Valuable Features:

UI Automation for web and desktop applications is a valuable feature.

Also, the Studio tool is so easy to use and manage Ranorex projects.

Improvements to My Organization:

Using this product, we have been able create and manage UI automation in the best possible way. It has helped us to improve our product's UI quality.

Room for Improvement:

They need to improve their support of different web browsers along with Flash support. Also very important (at least to our team), Ranorex should provide Python support. Currently they only support C# and VB

Use of Solution:

I've been using it for five years.

Stability Issues:

We need some tricks on instrumenting flex based web applications.

Initial Setup:

It was straightforward. You install the .exe and you are done.

Implementation Team:

We installed and did the set-up in-house.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

It’s good that Ranorex has not changed to floating runtime licenses. This means that users can have flexibility for the managing of their test environments, and get the best return on their investment of license.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Selenium and HP Quality Center. We found Ranorex very helpful in supporting both web and desktop based application. It’s very easy to use.

Other Advice:

It's excellent for desktop based applications (win forms), and the best for web based applications, with some instrumentation tricks on Flex/Flash based applications.

1 visitor found this review helpful