Ranorex Studio Review

It supports multiple repositories and the ability to sort and maintain the repository in a positive way. It needs the ability to maintain and access tests in a more intuitive/structured way.

Valuable Features:

Element Identification, I really liked the way Ranorex created a way (XPath) to identify their solution for maintaining stored elements in the repository.

Improvements to My Organization:

The product supports multiple repositories and the ability to sort and maintain the repository in a positive way. I used the repository in combination with shared functions to pretty easily create reusable functions, that only needed repository maintenance with code changes.

Room for Improvement:

I would like it to be more intuitive to use, especially in test management. I'd also like the ability to maintain and access tests in a more intuitive/structured way .

Use of Solution:

We've been using it for two months.

Stability Issues:

It was unstable at times, locking out – especially on any virtual or remote desktop machines. The lockout required resetting Ranorex.

Scalability Issues:

High – it was pretty easy to get help on things we were stuck on, especially in the early stages of product discovery.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward, easy to setup, great support from Ranorex team for initial setup and initial training.

Implementation Team:

Implemented this one through an in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated many different products for the engagement. We went with Ranorex due to its relative ease of use, and its support for automating desktop/WPF applications out of the box.

Other Advice:

My advice for implementation is to do a proof of concept first to ensure this product works for you.

Do your research, all products have their positives and negatives. Assemble a list of requirements, interview vendors and other users of the product, go through strenuous Proof of concept phase – evaluating and analyzing how well the product fits your current and future needs.

1 visitor found this review helpful