Ranorex Studio Review

We had web/mobile automation in mind, and although Ranorex doesn't support that form of technology, it provides us with a way to write custom code with which is able to handle it.

I've been using this product for the last two years. It's a great product, and I love the object recognition technology, RxPath, concept. Record and playback is also a well implemented feature. I like their website, and they provide nice documentation of each and every feature of the product.

The Ranorex forum is where you can raise your queries, and independent Ranorex experts as well their  support team will try to respond quickly Licensing is another thing that we found to be a good deal compared to other tools. There is also Ranorex certification from the company you can take, but I find it a bit expensive.

It is easy to install and use. The user interface is very good. We started with a different solution and moved onto this one, as we found a few features of our product couldn't be automated using the other solution. We had web/mobile automation in mind, and although Ranorex doesn't support that form of technology, it provides us with a way to write custom code with which is able to handle it. Mobile automation another important feature which is good.

I think it still needs to improve a lot. It would be great if they could provide an emulator/simulator for mobile testing.

We implemented it through in house team, and we evaluated MS Coded UI first. You should pick this tool depending on your requirement. If you go to test a product built with multiple technologies(.Net/Java/SAP etc), web app testing, mobile testing then you can go with this as it provides you all in one solution.