Ranorex Studio Review

It's reduced the manual effort in verifying the user interface of the product under test, but there were some issues when the UI widget being tested was not developed in .NET.

What is most valuable?

• It offers many features of recognizing UI widgets, making test automation easy.
  • The spy feature is useful in updating the control address of modified UI widgets.

How has it helped my organization?

It's reduced the manual effort in verifying the user interface of the product under test.

What needs improvement?

There were some issues when the UI widget being tested was not developed in .NET, and the test resulted in some unknown actions when played back.

I used it for a period of two months.

Stability was an issue.

I did not get to interact with the customer service.

No previous solution was used.

It was straightforward.

We used an in-house team.

I believe ROI is pretty high, although I am not involved with the management of the product.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to spend some time reading the user guide and interacting with teammates who have already used the tool so that things become straightforward when you use it. It is a good tool to perform user interface testing over a .NET product.