Ranorex Studio Review

It's reduced the manual effort in verifying the user interface of the product under test, but there were some issues when the UI widget being tested was not developed in .NET.

Valuable Features:

• It offers many features of recognizing UI widgets, making test automation easy.
  • The spy feature is useful in updating the control address of modified UI widgets.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's reduced the manual effort in verifying the user interface of the product under test.

Room for Improvement:

There were some issues when the UI widget being tested was not developed in .NET, and the test resulted in some unknown actions when played back.

Use of Solution:

I used it for a period of two months.

Stability Issues:

Stability was an issue.

I did not get to interact with the customer service.

Previous Solutions:

No previous solution was used.

Initial Setup:

It was straightforward.

Implementation Team:

We used an in-house team.

ROI:

I believe ROI is pretty high, although I am not involved with the management of the product.

Other Solutions Considered:

No other options were evaluated.

Other Advice:

My advice is to spend some time reading the user guide and interacting with teammates who have already used the tool so that things become straightforward when you use it. It is a good tool to perform user interface testing over a .NET product.