Ranorex Studio Review

The results of test execution are represented with more details, but sometimes, it's hard to decide which function to use as the explanation of the existing functions is extremely short.

Valuable Features

Features that I have been using actively and bring the most value to me are:

• Ranorex API – using different functions that the API provides to manipulate with the elements on the web page
  • Ranorex Spy – identifying the different elements on the web page and generating the element repository to be used in different tests
  • Ranorex Reporting – generating the report that shows the overall result of test execution, together with as much detailed as possible result of each step in a test case

Improvements to My Organization

Firstly, I can say that Ranorex offers easy-to-use test automation software for developing and managing projects which enables more efficiency with implementing new test cases.

Also, the results of test execution are represented with more details and in a very concise and effective manner. Log failures, successes, info, warnings, screen captures, etc. are possible to use to make the reporting more representable.

Room for Improvement

I would definitely say that the existing documentation of their API has a lot of room for improvement. Sometimes, it is hard to decide which of the existing functions to use since the explanation of the existing functions is extremely short. So it is left for the user of the solution to try out different possibilities to make sure that the chosen function will fulfill the needs.

Use of Solution

I have been using the product actively in my work about a year and a half.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

No issues with scalability because the tool itself gives enough flexibility to work with. For example, if some new features are added to the existing system being tested, it is feasible and easy to add new elements to the already existing repository without any complexities. We can then use existing functions of the Ranorex API to manipulate the elements.

I would rate it positively since their feedback comes a very short time after the requested help, support, or answer via email or their forum.

I would rate it positively since their feedback comes in a very short time after the requested help, support, or answer via email or their forum.

From the beginning of the project, Ranorex was used as solution for test automation.

I wasn't involved in the beginning of the project.

Implementation Team

The solution was implemented as an in-house one. There wasn't need to hire the vendor team since the project by itself is not that big or complex.

ROI

Since it is possible to reference the API from some other tools and solutions, instead of being forced to use Ranorex studio, we gained a lot on flexibility and re-using our existing tools and technologies in combination with Ranorex features which are relevant for our test automation process.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Compared to the benefits that the product brings, I would say that the prices are reasonable and justified. I think the great advantage this tool offers is that it supports multi-technologies so that it is possible to cover the test automation of variety of different applications and systems.

Other Advice

My rating is based on the features I use. There are some other features of the product that I haven't touched yet because of the way the test automation is organized on the project I have been working on.

I would suggest using this product because even though it is not an open source solution, the benefits of using it are achieved based on the products price. I was a beginner when I started using this tool and got used to the tool in a very short amount of time so I started working actively very quickly.

It depends on the way the tool is used on the project, but either way, I personally think that the period the user needs to get used to the tool is very low because of the support that is offered through user guides and Ranorex forum or customer service.