Rapid7 InsightVM Review

It is user-friendly, but sometimes it provides false-positives in the reporting.

What is our primary use case?

It is basically used for scanning.

How has it helped my organization?

When it comes to the automation, we use the plug-ins that are compatible with the dimensions. Once the builder is done, we run the test cases. Then it is installed onto the server and we run the test cases on the server after the installation.

What needs improvement?

It gives false positives at times, and this a problem. It causes problems with reporting.

In addition, I did not find plug-ins for a Rapid7 InsightVM. It would be much more informational to run it through directly, so once the app is installed, once the software is installed on that particular server, it would find what exactly that application is open for. This would make things easier for us.

Less than one year.

It is scalable. It definitely handles everything we need, without a problem.

I have not interacted with tech support.

I previously used Tenable Nessus and Nessus Scan. Insight VM vs Tenable Nessus is a more user-friendly product.

The setup was straightforward, and not complex.

I was not involved with the purchase of the product. This is dealt with by our sales team.