Rapid7 InsightVM Review

Vulnerability management that is easy to use and install, with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for vulnerability management.

We have monthly scans and reporting. The results are in QRadar, which is our SIEM.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very easy to use and easy to install.

It has nice features.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have an additional feature that would provide reports on who has logged onto the console or who did what on the console. I don't have the time to log onto the console and use SSH to go through the logs.

We have some users with certain privileges, and sometimes they do things that I don't like.  This is why it would be nice to have an easy way to report what is in the logs.

In the next release, I would like to see reporting added to the console. It would be helpful to have reports to tell you who did what, who created reports, who created groups or who created tags.

I have been working with this solution for five years.

The stability is good. I am running it on Linux and from that point of view, Linux is stable.

We are using this solution daily.

This solution is easy to scale.

I am working at Triglav Group which is the leading insurance-financial group in Slovenia and
in the Adria region and one of the leading groups in South-East Europe

Triglav Group operates together with its subsidiaries and associated companies on seven markets and in six countries.

We use with two consoles, one is international for subdiraies and other is for the Slovenia all thogether we have 15 scan engines on locations.

Approximately a year ago, we had an issue with the dashboard. We contacted technical support to ask a question. Unfortunately, we were not able to resolve the issue that we were having. It could have been something in our network, but we don't know. It was not a big issue.

The technical support is good, they do give you answers and they are pretty quick.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward.

I deployed this solution. It took a couple of days with ten engines.

We did not use a vendor or integrator to implement this solution. We have five thousand people in this firm and I am the only one in technical team.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to just use it.

As a whole, it's a pretty good product. I don't have any problem with it.

If they had the audit reporting then I would rate it a ten out of ten, but as it is now, I would rate this solution a nine out of then.

More Rapid7 InsightVM reviews from users