Rapid7 Metasploit Review

Good reporting; very good at detecting vulnerabilities, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We're using the solution in conjunction with some governmental agencies.

What is most valuable?

The solution automatically discovers vulnerabilities. We don't need to update or fine-tune the tool. It automatically handles that itself.

The reporting on the solution is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should be more user friendly. Right now, a user needs a certain level of technicality.

The solution should improve the responsiveness of its live technical support.

The solution has been stable so far. I hope it stays that way. We haven't experienced bugs or glitches. There haven't been crashes.

So far, for our purposes, we've never run into issues with scalability. It's been good. I'm not sure how it would be for other companies, however, I don't forsee there being any issues if they should require the solution to expand to meet their needs.

Technical support is okay. If you access its resources online, it's quite helpful. However, if you need to contact them directly, they can be quite sluggish in their response. It's sort-of unpredictable.

We did use different solutions previously. I know of a few other products the organization utilized before this product.

The initial setup isn't too complex. If you have a bit of a technical background, you should be fine installing the solution without facing any issues. A person with no technical background, however, may find it challenging.

The pricing of the solution is pretty good. That said, it would be good if there could be more of a discount. It would be better for us.

What other advice do I have?

I used the product previously. Now, I am more of a consultant.

I'm not sure what version of the solution I'm currently using is.

This product is fantastic. I prefer using it. I'd rate it seven out of ten. If it wasn't for the unpredictable support, I would rate it a bit higher. If it added just a few more advancements, it would be even better still.

More Rapid7 Metasploit reviews from users