Raritan Power IQ Review

Event management, Dynamic plugin and Reporting need to be improved.

What is most valuable?

The layout of the Data Centers structure and navigator.

How has it helped my organization?

Yes, it has helped and improved the way we monitor and address the power and cooling issues as well as the power consumption and capacity planning.

What needs improvement?

Event management, Dynamic plugin and Reporting need to be improved. The software features and monitoring are not as expected, especially the Dynamic plug-in and Trap processing. There are many basics and important features which are lacking such as event alarms for temperature and hot spot.

This software is build around its own Raritan hardware, therefore to use for non-Raritan hardware could be a challenge and tricky at times.

1 year

Deployment is rather simple and straightforward. It works as stated in the step-by step installation guide.

The polling and monitoring performance is considered stable and good - such as aggregation and rollout data based on 100 snmp based monitoring points. As for the WebUI experience, I consider it stable and user friendly.

This is the area that will be a let down for most of the bigger organizations. The current version of the software is not designed in distributed architecture. You will see the limitation of scalability for a global landscape.

Good for regional support, but could be better in terms of responding to the issue with a resolution.

We only deal with the regional technical support, in terms of product knowledge they are good, but average for their technical knowledge.

It's straightforward and allows you to configure the basic monitoring without too much study of the operation manual.

In-house.

The reason this product has been selected is due to a commercial beneficial and easy deployment as compared to other full-blown DCIM solutions.