ReadyAPI Review

Good support, we like the user interface, and it integrates with several test management tools

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of external vendors that we integrate with, so we need to validate all of the APIs. Also, we need to mark those services that don't need external vendor integration.

How has it helped my organization?

We are at the initial stage of using this product, and although we have a plan, it is too early to assess and recognize the benefits.

What is most valuable?

We like the user interface.

The most valuable features are the integration with Jira and the test management tools.

They have interfaces with our performance tools, so we were able to leverage all of these integrations and plugins. It is very good from an integrative solution standpoint.

What needs improvement?

The reporting is not very robust and needs to be improved. They give the pass or fail criteria, but we need to know the history and also why it has failed. Essentially, the details that we see in other tools are missing. This is a request that we have made and we hope that these are implemented in the next version.

They should include support for integrating with Xray, which is another test management tool. More generally, they should have a larger scope when it comes to integrating with test management tools.

We recently acquired the license for ReadyAPI and have been using it for the past three months.

We have not found any bugs or glitches so stability-wise, it is good enough for us to use.

The scalability is good. We have eight people in the IT department who use this product. There are four in development and another four in the QA team.

The interaction that we have had with Smartbear has been pretty good. They are responsive, and they can give an action item as well as a timeline for when it can be implemented.

I would rate the technical support an eight out of ten.

Prior to using Ready API, we were using Postman.

Postman is only for manual API testing, but when it comes to ReadyAPI, we can automate it using Groovy Scripts. We also have a plan to use Service Pro and LoadUI. These are the reasons that we selected ReadyAPI.

The initial setup was straightforward. All we had to do was configure the license server.

What other advice do I have?

Our plan includes a need to filter out all the API, middle-tier bugs. This is the initial phase of development. We don't want to find any bugs in either UAT or UAP. That's an objective for us, but right now, we are setting up the team and people are working on it.

My advice for anybody who is implementing ReadyAPI is, to begin with establishing a framework of what they want to achieve. Comfort with the framework is more important, before acquiring the license.

3.2.7
More ReadyAPI reviews from users
...who compared it with Parasoft SOAtest
Learn what your peers think about ReadyAPI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.