ReadyAPI Review

Easy to learn how to use it but the version control doesn't work well, it's not stable, and the support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for API testing on HL7 messages for healthcare.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to learn how to use it.

What needs improvement?

Version control does not work well. It's has a git API which is defective and doesn't work well with our version repository, Bitbucket. We do all version control using git bash (command line driven), and sometimes we have to try several times to as there still hooks into the ReadyAPI git API which cause issues.

I have been using ReadyAPI since April 2020.

I don't find it to be that stable. Sometimes it stalls, shuts down or you have to shut it down and restart it.

We haven't scaled it. We have approximately nine people using this solution in our organization.

SmartBear does not take phone calls. You have to email them if you want something resolved. It's a lot of back and forth through email, which takes a long time.

I am not impressed at all with SmartBear. We don't want to purchase any of their products going forward.

HP ALM - support is not good and the yearly license was very expensive - also not an easy tool to build API tests as we were using Service Test.

Licensing costs are yearly.

There are costs in addition to the licensing fee. For example, if you want to add the load testing you would pay more.

Not for API testing as we already had ReadyAPI - another team was using it for adhoc testing

What other advice do I have?

It's not stable. The Git API within ReadyAPI is a a GUI front end to make it easier to do version control but it doesn't work well as mentioned.

It's not reliable. I would not recommend this product, as there are better products out there.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

3.4.5
More ReadyAPI reviews from users
...who compared it with Parasoft SOAtest
Learn what your peers think about ReadyAPI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.