Reblaze Review

Real-time reporting enables us to see when users have been disabled

What is our primary use case?

We use it for protection.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us find malicious actors using and abusing our application. We are on a blockchain. There are users and spammers and scammers, people who are trying to steal a lot of money. The app helps us to understand if that is happening and to block them.

The solution's presentation of all the traffic, not just the blocked requests, helps us in our monitoring operations. It's not only for security purposes. We can understand if we have something that is bad, a behavioral anomaly on our app. It helps us understand abusers. Not everything is related directly to security. There are things that you cannot do if you don't have this on your web app. For example, we can see if someone is copying our data. There are endless opportunities.

Reblaze has saved us money by optimizing server usage and blocking malicious bots.

What is most valuable?

Everything is valuable. It's a WAF. The main feature is using the rules and being able to see the traffic. It helps us find malicious traffic.

We use the real-time monitoring and reporting a lot. We can see where it's disabling users.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in helping us understand session management. If I'm a user, I'm one person, I can access the web app in a variety of ways. I can come with one IP, then another IP, with another user agent, with another browser. I'm the same user. We want Reblaze to catch and identify everything. We want to see the various devices doing one activity and to see, in a timeline, what's happened. We would like to see a more human-readable display to understand what's happening in the web app.

When I analyze our traffic on Reblaze, I do a lot of processing in my mind because I know how things are working. But I have to think: "Oh, this is a person, this is an ISP, this is something else." I process that and understand. But I want Reblaze to do that for me.

We have been using Reblaze for about a year-and-a-half.

The stability is perfect.

There is also no problem with the scalability.

We have three people using the solution and they handle deployment and maintenance of it. We use it every day but we don't currently have plans to increase usage.

Technical support is a group of supportive people. They want to help 24 hours a day. It doesn't matter if it's a weekend or a holiday. They are always helping and give us the best support we can have. They are really technical. There is on person in particular who is super-technical, he knows exactly what's happening with Reblaze. He understands and has a lot of experience. Tech support has really helped us.

What other advice do I have?

Try it on your real production data and try it for more than just one week. You need to sit with a person who knows how to operate it. It's really simple to operate, but you need to learn it.

Reblaze has taught me a lot about how to use my web application; how to think about my users and what they need. The biggest lesson I've learned is that, in security testing, you need to maintain things all the time. It will sound a little bit cliché, but it's a cat-and-mouse game. Reblaze helps with this game because it's effective and you can change it all the time and you can see what is changing in real-time. In the game of cat-and-mouse it's a good solution.

I rate Reblaze at eight out of ten. Nothing is perfect. Producing security products is really hard and there is a lot more to do. Compared to other products in the category, it's really different. It's a little bit more convenient, simpler. The people behind Reblaze have learned a lot by participating in security games. You need a lot of knowledge when you're dealing with web applications.

More Reblaze reviews from users
...who compared it with Imperva Incapsula
Secure your data and web assets today

Your data and web assets need constant protection from Internet threats. Schedule a Demo with Reblaze to see how this cloud-based platform can provide the security that you need.