Recruitee Review

Good privacy, intuitive, and saves time, but needs a better GDPR system and more customizations

What is our primary use case?

I use Recruitee for corporate recruitment. I post all our vacancies in Recruitee, and they automatically get posted on Indeed and Google for jobs. I then add another couple of promotions there. I basically manage the whole process from Recruitee. I am using its Enterprise version.

How has it helped my organization?

Time-saving is the biggest benefit. Ease of communication is another benefit. We don't communicate through email, phone, and other things. We use Recruitee as our communication system.

What is most valuable?

I really like the privacy within Recruitee. I can add multiple hiring managers and manage all different vacancies without them having or being able to see what's going on in other vacancies.

It is quite easy to use. I can easily add another colleague. It is straightforward and intuitive. I don't even have to explain to hiring managers how it works for us because they are able to figure it out once they click on it.

What needs improvement?

The GDPR system needs some improvement. They say that you automatically have approval when you just add a CV. I might not have even asked for it. I would like to have a better GDPR system that asks or sends a request for saving data.

It is not completely customizable. Sometimes, I can't do the things that I want to do. I would like to edit our career website, but I can only change the main page of our career website. I can't change the layout or pictures within our vacancies. They have it all automized to disable. We do everything that we can to make it as good as we can for Google for jobs, but I miss some of the checkpoints for Google for jobs, and I can't edit them myself.

We've been working with it for almost a year now.

It has pretty good stability. We did have some issues lately, but it is pretty stable now.

They changed the plans in terms of what's included and what's not, which made it a little bit more difficult to scale up or down. You can scale up, but scaling down is very hard. At first, they had plans for 5 to 10 or 10 to 15 vacancies. We needed an upgrade from that, which got really difficult.

They had basic, intermediate, and corporate plans. We were somewhere in between the first two, but now we have to choose between one and two, and we were like, "We just want more slots. Don't give us such a hassle with this." When we started, we had the whole Recruitee system, and we had 15 slots. Now, you don't only have 15 slots. You also have plans A, B, and C, which made it a little bit more difficult for us. Its price has changed as well.

In terms of the number of users, we have two frequent users: me and an HR colleague. We also have 42 teammates. They're just the hiring managers.

In terms of plans to increase its usage, I use it every day and all day. I don't know if I can extend it. I have taken it as far as I can for now.

Their technical support is pretty good. They're pretty quick in response, and they try to solve things pretty quickly for you. As long as it is after 9:00 and before 5:00, they respond very quickly. Outside that timeframe, you just have to wait till the next day. They are in Europe, but I'm not sure where exactly. Our data is probably stored somewhere in Germany.

They weren't using any other system in this company. They were just using Excel. I worked here on the project base, and I'm hired for now. I introduced Recruitee to them, but I've worked with several systems with other clients or companies, such as Career X, People Access, and Micro Deck.

Recruitee is really for corporate recruitment. It is not made for temporary assignment companies that only work on project-basis. It works really well if you work at a company and you try to fill in their vacancies, and you don't have to work with clients, different names, and different people.

The initial setup was very easy. I got a login ID, and I could just do whatever I want within the system. I could fully customize it to how we want to work with it. After that, I edit my colleagues, and that's it. We started working on it. We didn't transfer any data, so we started to use it within a day.

In terms of the implementation strategy, we adjusted it as much as we can to our application process and all the steps within the whole process, from posting new jobs to hiring somebody and starting.

They take care of its maintenance by themselves. We just get a notification that it has been upgraded.

We have seen an ROI in time management. We saved a lot of time. We have a lot more overview, and I can actually set up reports. In March, I'm going to look back at a whole year for the first time. They didn't have this data previously. They only managed who applied and how long did it take to fill in the job. Now, I have everything. I know where they come from and how long it has been in the process individually and as a full vacancy. I have so much more data now.

It was amazing, but right now, they got more expensive due to the different plans that they offer. They offer basic, intermediate, and advanced plans. It used to be really easy. You could just have a number of slots as vacancies, and that's what you paid for. Now, you pay for the number of slots and the plan you have, and it got a lot more expensive. I think we had a 40% increase in price. Support is always included in the license.

What other advice do I have?

It is so easy to use, and it works well for corporate recruitment. If you use it for corporate and that's it, it is good. It is a good solution if you want something that is just easy and manageable and not that difficult for people you work with, You can easily set it up for your career website. It is pretty much like an easy step into an APS system if you've never worked with something before.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using Recruitee is to do really good negotiations beforehand regarding scalability. Scalability was something that we really struggled with in this system.

I would rate Recruitee a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Recruitee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
476,163 professionals have used our research since 2012.