Red Hat CloudForms Review

Good technical support, seamless integration with other open-source tools and very stable

What is most valuable?

Since it is an open-source software, the integration with other open-source components is seamless. If you're going in, it all depends on which stack you're selecting. If you're selecting open stack, if you want to use microservices, or you want to integrate Kubernetes Docker with Red Hat, this solution is probably the first choice to go with.

What needs improvement?

The complexity of the solution is a bit high in comparison to VMware.

The solution should be made more user-friendly with plug-and-play functionality. It will help companies adopt it quicker.

I've been working with Red Hat for a long time. It's been about ten years.

The stability of the solution is very good. We haven't had any issues with it.

Technical support, most of the time, is good. We haven't had issues with it. We're satisfied with the level of support we receive.

We also use VMware. VMware is very user-friendly and the integration is seamless. Red Hat has good integration with various other components and products as well. The complexity is also higher than VMware's.

The initial setup is a bit complex. It gets sorted out, however, if users are aligned with Red Hat's other professional services.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Red Hat partner. I work as a Principal Solutions Architect.

I'd advise other organizations that, before selecting a product, they must finalize their business department. They should only make a call on the solution if all of their requirements get fulfilled - including compliance. Various products have a level of support compliance that matches with Red Hat, but it's important to check.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Red Hat CloudForms reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)