Red Hat CloudForms Review

Mature, with good technical support but needs to be more user-friendly

What is most valuable?

The integration with other open-source tools is pretty good. It integrates particularly well with Kubernates Docker.

They are a very mature product.

What needs improvement?

Because the solution needs to integrate with other products that surround it, there is a lot of configuration required, and this can be quite complex. It's not as easy as it is with, for example, VMware.

The solution needs to be more user-friendly. They need to make it more plug-and-play.

I've been working with Red Hat for a long time. It's been about ten years.

The solution is stable, that's not an issue. We haven't had problems with bugs, glitches, or crashes.

We've been in touch with technical support. Most of the time, they are good. We haven't had any problems with them. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide.

I also use VMware. Each has it's own pluses and minuses, although I do find that VMware is easier to configure and integrate with other solutions.

The initial setup can be a bit complex. Once it's sorted out initially, and Red Hat's professional services are aligned, it's okay.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise an organization considering implementing the solution to first, before selecting a product, finalize their business department. They should create a list of all of their requirements to ensure they get fulfilled. That needs to include compliance.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they made it more user friendly and plug-and-play it would really help people adopt it faster.

More Red Hat CloudForms reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)