Red Hat Fuse Review

Red Hat Fuse could be considered a simple, robust and scalable ESB solution.

What is our primary use case?

We used RH Fuse solution for some integration between the new ERP system to our local legacies systems.

We take messages from MQ and then call a local API or leave a transformed file for a legacy system, and viceversa.

That has allowed us to reduce legacy system adaptation efforts.

How has it helped my organization?

The implementation of a ESB solution bring the opportunity of review the entire local integration strategy and start to rethink the company as a set of services.

What is most valuable?

We usually had used PowerCenter for master data integration (by replication). But in some cases, it was better to use Fuse for providing the master data online. It doesn't make it necessary to replicate data. So any application, especially new developments, get master data from a centralized repository (through Fuse), instead of having the master data replicated.

What needs improvement?

We decided to implement a ESB solution three yeas ago (2017) facing a big ERP migration project in order to easily extent the integration strategy bring by the IT Central Team (the core integration model is base on a asyncronous strategy over a IBM Websphere MQ Series solution).

The stability is good. The response is great.

It's easy to scale in RH JBoss EAP solution.

Any time we contact Red Hat for help we had got a satisficing response.

We previously had used PowerCenter, but the purpose is completely different. We are still using it for Data Integration (big volume of data). And we still have some old transactional integrations over PWC that we should to migrate them to Fuse.

The installation and configuration process is simple.

We have a mixed team. We have look external help for the developing and supporting tasks.

It has the same pros/cons that all OpenSource solutions. But here you have a big company behind. You could choose pay the subscription and get al the help you need. RH Knowledge base page has helped us many times.

We evaluated IBM Integration Bus, Fuse, and MuleSoft. At that point, MuleSoft was just beginning locally and we didn't get so much references from partners. And Integration Bus was expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Fuse. I don't think any other ESB tool makes big difference from Fuse. Many of this tools have the same problem: to publish and secure an internal service. Many tools bring other solutions to they ecosystems in order to extend to an API Gateway/Management functionality. You could reach the same adding others Red Hat tools.

6.4.22
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, MuleSoft, IBM and others in ESB. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.