Red Hat Fuse Review

Competitive with good technical qualities

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to connect our servers and external locations that we are dependent on for solution monitoring. We mainly use it for integration to our other systems. The reason we chose this is because it is good support for Camel which we use to some extent in our solution. Developers like to use Camel in their solutions. It has performed very well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the close connection with Camel because we already used it. That's really why we chose Red Hat Fuse.

What needs improvement?

The web tools need to be updated.

We never have any failures caused by the integrations. It's really stable for us.

I haven't contacted tech support for this solution.

Previously we used Cicerone integration, and as hardware it is old. It is not as widely known or used and it was quite expensive. The main reason for management was that they weren't particularly clean and it was more costly. Both internally and in sales, the cost was too high, which was a big part of our total cost considerations.

The reason we chose RedHat Fuse is that it was a combination of technical bracket and for economic reasons.

The initial setup was pretty straight forward and there were quite good guides on the internet. The web guides were pretty straight forward. I found it was quite easy to set up and implement.

We found other solutions were more costly.

Criteria for us was that the vendor needs to be stable and the product should be quite widely used for us to consider them. We truly value stabilty more than whether it is the best solution. We need stability and reliability. That doesn't always mean the most developed or the most high tech solutions.

The shortlist for us was, Mulesoft and RedHat Fuse. In the end, it was between those two.

What other advice do I have?

In our case it was much easier to implement a new integration on that platform than on the previous platform we had. Furthermore, it's open source, it doesn't charge us anything. The other one was a quite an expensive platform you would use in custom development. We saved money and time. Honestly, it fulfills the needs we have at the moment.

1 visitor found this review helpful