Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure Review

Consolidated management and good documentation but very complex and difficult to operate

What is our primary use case?

It was implemented in a solution center for our land environments. We had three x86 servers interconnected with 10 gigabytes network.

What is most valuable?

The consolidation of the management in one control point is the most valuable. The whole infrastructure management is consolidated in just one console point. The documentation is also pretty good.

What needs improvement?

It is not user-friendly, and it is very difficult to operate. You have to have a deep understanding of the technical details of the infrastructure to implement it. When you compare it with VMware, it is totally different because the graphical user interface is not that easy to understand. It is not intuitive. To use it, you have to read a lot of documentation and even understand what is going on behind the solution. It is not for someone who has a little bit of knowledge.

Currently, it is too complex. I need something that is easy to implement. It should have a basic configuration as well as a complex configuration.

I have recently started to use it.

I cannot say about its stability because I only have experience in installing it.

Scalability should be good. You can increment the components for your installation. I don't have that much experience, but it seems to be good. My clients are small, medium, and large businesses.

I didn't use their technical support.

It was complex. In general, it took me two months but not just because of Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure. I also had some other issues.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, we are using just three machines at our site, and I don't know if my company is using it at other sites or planning to increase its usage. It seems very complex to manage the infrastructure.

I would rate Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure a seven out of ten because of the implementation and integration issues.

More Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware vSAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Red Hat, Sangfor, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.