Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud Review

Easily portable between platforms and the support is good, but we were not able to scale it and the updates are too frequent

What is our primary use case?

There are many issues that have been reported, so we made the decision to move to another solution.

What is most valuable?

The portability, moving from one platform to another, is easy.

What needs improvement?

We had an issue where it was always getting interrupted for the services.

We were not able to scale up the application, so we decided that a container platform was the but solution for us. Scalability is something that can be improved.

The installation and configuration procedure should be simplified.

We used this product for almost six months before we had an issue and stopped using it.

They have been regularly released updates. Every year, they have perhaps four versions released. This means that we have to do application bouncing, which is a big problem for the customers.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup is complex. When we first implemented it, we wanted the partners to do it. However, they were not able to complete it because of the complexity.

It took around three weeks to deploy.

We had some assistance from the partners.

This product is not costly when compared to other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

At this point, I cannot recommend this to other users because of the experience that we have had. If they were to finalize this product and stop the frequent releases the new would give it another try. Some of the other products are much more expensive.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud reviews from users