Red Hat Quay Review

A stable repository that is easy to use and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

I am a system administrator and engineer. I am using this product for the customers I work with, for the workload mainly. They have many different solutions.

At the moment, we are using it for a single customer that has many clusters and platforms installed. We also use it in our lab to train people and for developing things.

I use it for the customer's requirements.

We use it as a registry repository for different containers and applications that our customers are using.

The purpose of the product is pretty defined by the product itself. It's a registry repository.

It works as a repository for all of the different containers that our customers are developing and building. It has a wide use case.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use, and it does what it is meant for.

What needs improvement?

We had an older version of Red Hat that was not fully integrated into the registry. We had to correct some files and some of the configurations to get it working.

It could be more integrated with other platforms.

I have been dealing with these containers for quite a long time. We have been using it since 2016.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product. We haven't experienced any issues or any specific slowness to it.

My understanding is that it is scalable.

We haven't had the need to contact technical support.

We mainly use it in the OCP Platform. The installation is pretty straightforward. It's a matter of selecting the file to upload to the platform and the product is installed.

It's installed in a few minutes.

Our customers pay for their license for the product. We just provide them with support whenever they need it.

We don't deal with any customer license issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

We are system integrators and we provide support.

I would rate Red Hat Quay an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud