Red Hat Satellite Review

Makes it easier to manage the software and comes with excellent support

What is our primary use case?

We are using it mainly for managing the software and taking care of licensing periods, fixes and enhancements, features, and all similar things for the software.

What is most valuable?

Fixing is the most valuable. When you deal with a lot of hardware and software and you have a lot of packages, fixing is a bit difficult. You need to track and pull up all such things, but Satellite makes this task easy.

We have branches in other locations, and I can manage other branches by using Satellite Capsule, which is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

It wasn't easy in the beginning, and some effort was required to work it out. I already had the product documentation, but it was not well organized. It wasn't easy to follow. There were a lot of documents here and there.

I have been using Red Hat Satellite for about nine months.

It is stable. I can control different locations by using Satellite Capsule.

It is easy to scale.

Red Hat's technical support is excellent.

The deployment took a couple of days. It took me some time to figure it out initially, but after that, it took just a couple of hours, and it was up and running.

I implemented it in my company. We also maintain it ourselves. We upgrade it and work it out. We are Red Hat business partners, so we do everything.

We have hardware engineers who are implementing HPE, IBM, and Cisco solutions. They are not users of Satellite, but they are benefiting from Satellite. There are two or three engineers who are working on Satellite, and they are more than enough because you just need someone who has worked with Satellite to follow up on things. At a location, you just need one engineer.

Its price is good. They call it subscription, not license, and it is on a yearly basis. There is only one subscription, and that's it.

What other advice do I have?

We chose this product because we are a Red Hat business partner, and we know that Red Hat has excellent products. It was our first choice.

I would definitely recommend this solution to anyone who wants to manage the software. I would rate Red Hat Satellite an eight out of ten.

6.6
More Red Hat Satellite reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Red Hat Satellite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.