Redscan ThreatDetect Review

Reliable with great technical support and excellent alerts

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution alongside Carbon Black. The solution monitors all of our computers in case there are any security problems related to our assets or computers. They contact us by email or by phone depending on if it's something very urgent. We have worked with them in developing a matrix so they know which person to contact in case there is a problem.

We use it basically to have visibility of any security threats in our end-user's computers.

It's a service. They are helping us become a more secure organization.

What is most valuable?

The alert system is very, very good. They will email us or even call us depending on the severity of the threat.

The product offers excellent visibility into threats.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

The stability is very reliable.

Technical support has always been quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution would be better if there was some kind of integration with network equipment so that we can also have visibility of everything related to the firewall or the routers or switches - not only the computers but also on other network equipment.

If they could provide a solution for smartphones and for tablets that would be very helpful as we have some people accessing information from these types of devices. It could improve the security in terms of coverage as we both computers and mobile phones or tablets in use.

We've been working with the solution for about a year or so.

The stability is excellent so far. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very good. The performance has always been good.

While I understand they can monitor different types of equipment, computers, servers, and support to different operating systems, for us, we only work with Windows systems, and therefore that's what we are using it for now.

We do have a lot of users on the solution currently.

We've been in contact with technical support many times and they have always provided us with excellent service. They are knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite happy with the level of support provided.

The initial setup was not complex. It was straightforward. We only had to install it and start the agent on the computers. After that, we have to work with the product in developing this escalation matrix. They have visibility of all the people in the organization to know who they could contact in case there is a problem.

The deployment takes a couple of weeks.

We have about four people who can handle any type of maintenance required.

We did not use an integrator, reseller, or consultant for the deployment. We handled everything ourselves in-house.

We need to find a similar solution and we were thinking about CrowdStrike. We are still investigating it, however, we needed to find a similar solution to Redscan. CrowdStrike may provide the same solution. It's like an EDR solution so they can monitor the tools and do the same tasks that Redscan can.

We are in a transition process and we basically will need to adopt new standards and this standard is CrowdStrike. That is why we are evaluating it now and considering moving off of Redscan.

In the short term, our plan is to stop using Carbon Black and Redscan. We need to align to these new standards we are working under, however, we also want to make sure that this solution, CrowdStrike, provides a similar service to what Redscan is providing.

What other advice do I have?

I must say that I am very happy with the service they provide. Unfortunately for us, we need to leave them. Not because it is a bad product or they provide a bad service, however. It's because we are in a transition process and we need to align to other standards.

That said, I would really recommend this product, Carbon Black and Redscan together are very good. For us, they provide an excellent service.

In general, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Redscan, CrowdStrike, Red Canary and others in Managed Detection and Response (MDR). Updated: June 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.