Reduxio [EOL] Review

We have run production workloads for over a year without a single failure along with having performance improvements across the board

What is most valuable?

Truly an incredible array. We are seeing .4ms average latency with more than 10K IOPS while running 300 VMware VDI desktops and roughly 45 servers.

The HTML5 UI is clean, easy to navigate, and very intuitive.

Creating new volumes is extremely simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.

Our storage savings after their "NoDup" in-line dedupe and compression process is an average of 7:1 ratio, which we have also found to be very impressive.

How has it helped my organization?

It handles the mixed workload between DC and VDI very well. We have seen a performance boost with our VDI over our NexGen hybrid arrays.

What needs improvement?

With the latest release, there is now the ability to use secondary storage as a backup target, which was the only request I had. Otherwise, there is nothing I can see needing improvement in the near future.

One year and four months.

The install was straightforward. It took about an hour and the engineer onsite handled most of the configuration and installation.

Nothing so far. We have not had any issues which were related to the appliance.

Not yet, but it seems very easy to scale up as our data grows when the time comes.

We have not had to contact support yet, as we have not had any issues with the appliance.

The engineer who deployed with us has been proactive in reaching out when alarms have been triggered. This was due to a DNS server being unreachable and a few other environmental issues, but nothing was wrong with the storage array itself. This was a first for us, as the level of attention and care that went into this deployment in addition to the follow-ups over a year later is not common among most vendors in any field.

We currently have two NexGen hybrid-arrays that will be transitioned to secondary storage when they come to the end of their support. The switch was due to increased performance as well as their native TimeOS which has allowed us to stop using older methods of backing up our volumes, instead having the appliance natively do this for us, with a much higher level of granularity when it came to the restore option.

Initial setup was a breeze. All we needed to provide was a few IP addresses and the rest was walked through with us by the onsite engineer.

We implemented in-house with the help of the Reduxio field engineer.

We will be saving on not renewing our support contracts with our older storage, in addition to backing up software and labor to manage the volumes.

With the improvement of our disk IO on our VDI, we may also be able to forgo the purchase of an additional ESXi server for compute and memory. We have freed up resources which were previously seeing high utilization as they were compensating for the disk constraints.

They have very competitive pricing and were able to work within our budget constraints as a public school. All-in-all the best value on the market by far.

We looked at some all-flash and hybrid solutions, including Pure, Nimble, NetApp, and Tintri, as well as a hyper-converged solution from Pivot3.

What other advice do I have?

After running production workloads for over a year without a single failure and performance improvements across the board, I highly recommend this storage solution to anyone in the market.

1 visitor found this review helpful