Reduxio [EOL] Review

The "down-to-the-second" restore capability, native to the device, is valuable

What is our primary use case?

Storage for our VMware cluster.

How has it helped my organization?

We are almost entirely virtualized, so responsive and reliable flash storage for our VMs is critical to performance.

What is most valuable?

• Fast
  • Data-efficient
  • The down-to-the-second restore capability, native to the device
  • The UI is very simple in Reduxio, not difficult at all to navigate and work with

What needs improvement?

Room for improvement is a harder question than you might think. Reduxio does its job very well for us. Reliable and fast. The latest release limits web access to the admin console via Chrome only, and that's a bit of a hassle. Would definitely prefer something less restrictive there.

Yes. We had a single failure of the device but believe that it was tied to the server losing contact with our NTP server due to DNS issues. As Reduxio is very time-dependent, losing sync made the entire array unstable. Support assisted with a fix very quickly.

No issues with scalability.

We have a good relationship with sales and technical. They are frank and accommodating, and the technical support we have had has always been quick and competent.

We previously used Nimble (still have an older install on premise), and switched largely due to price and for the restore flexibility of the Reduxio.

Very straightforward. Implementation was done alongside Reduxio support and they made sure everything was accounted for.

The compression and dedupe are very effective on Reduxio, so it may be worth asking about licensing partial capacity on a unit, if the full capacity seems overkill for your environment.

We mostly evaluated against a refresh of our existing Nimble storage.

What other advice do I have?

Our first impression of Reduxio was that it was simple to setup and use, and highly reliable. That impression has not changed over time at all.

They definitely feel like a different kind of vendor. It may be because we got involved very early on with Reduxio, but to me it still has the feel of a startup operation in the best ways. They are eager to expand, nimble, and when we are working with their team it feels like input and feedback can actually get somewhere where they will be listened to. Reduxio feels like a AAA product that doesn't come with all the baggage of working with a AAA manufacturer.

We have not yet considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

One note of advice: Honestly, it's stable enough but don't forget to still engineer some redundancy in your environment.