Reduxio [EOL] Review

What is our primary use case?

Virtual machine servers (primarily Windows 2012 with some CentOS Linux) and Oracle databases (on Red Hat Linux).

How has it helped my organization?

The provision for high availability by sharing Reduxio storage among hosts, which was the most important.

What is most valuable?

The product was purchased for three reasons:

1. Enables multiple hosts access to the virtual machines by providing for moving VMs due to maintenance or host failure.
  2. Takes advantage of deduplication and compression through as much of the content of VMs which are similar.
  3. Improves the response of the VMs by having the most used portions on the flashcache.

What needs improvement?

Capacity possibly need improvement. The product fills a nice segment where top access speed is not needed (i.e., pure flash), but consolidated management of servers is faster and more convenient.

The user interface for the web console could be more user-friendly, while it is flashy, how to find functions is not necessarily obvious.

Less than one year.

Had one power supply fail that was replaced quickly by the technical staff.

We knew the limits of the capacity and our needs fit within those limits.

The data needs for general storage exceed the capacity of the Reduxio, so we have not considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

Technical support is very good. Working with both the sales and technical teams has been good.

We augmented our environment with the Reduxio. The VMs were previously on a RAID 6 system which was more difficult to share among hosts simultaneously.

The flashcache and deduplication are the distinguishing characteristics from the system that Reduxio replaced for VMs.

The initial setup was straightforward, and the Reduxio team was very cooperative when assistance was required.

The machine installed without difficulty.

The pricing and licensing were favorable.

The advantage of using HDDs to store (versus pure flash) makes the price point attractive versus other options.

We evaluated Pure Storage and Nimble.

What other advice do I have?

The machine has been easy to use.

Be sure to utilize Reduxio's support as they can be very helpful.