Reduxio [EOL] Review

Ability to recover our data to the second

What is our primary use case?

We are a public school for secondary education. We use the HX550 as primary storage for our production environment. Our environment is based on a number of ESXi hosts. With a mixed amount of servers, Microsoft, Linux, databases, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

The interface and setup are simple. There is much less administration needed, and we can use this time to do other tasks.

Our disaster recovery capabilities have also greatly improved with minimal investment.

What is most valuable?

Backdating: We are able to recover to the second, if needed, our data. This greatly improves restore capability, for example, if there is a cryptolocker outbreak or data loss.

NoRestore: We were able to use our existing QNAP iSCSI storage for a near replication disaster recovery setup. The data stored is deduped and compressed, thus efficiently stored and transferred.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice feature if the GUI had an option to export the current unit configuration to a file or an email recipient. In case of a disaster, this way it would be quicker to get a replacement unit up and running again.

Less than one year.

The performance increase is significant over our replaced storage. Our servers respond lightning fast and the end user experience has greatly improved. We can offer a lot more storage to our end users.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
author avatarNalin Uduwawala
User

WE use Reduxio and I back this review 100% or More. It's such a shame that they have decided to go down a different path. Now I am having to find a potential replacement.

Any ideas? I am thinking of going to Nimble, Datrium or Datacore. I would like to hear from the community their plans to migrate away from the wonderful platform I will remember for a long time.