Reduxio [EOL] Review

Provides granular backups, the ability to go back in time, and ease of use

What is our primary use case?

It's primary storage.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of deployment and also data storage, the deduplication ability of it has reduced that footprint. It allows me as a systems administrator to have better control over data. It gives me some reassurance, if we're ever hit with malware, that we won't be completely disabled.

What is most valuable?

The ability to have granular backups of your data, or be able to go back in time, the NoRestore feature. They're a company that's really on the cutting edge in the data realm. The features, overall, were just too good to pass up, even though it comes at a premium. It's just a fantastic product.

One of the beautiful parts about it too is the whole user interface. It's almost too simple. As an IT professional, you think, "Where are the works, how am I assured that this is actually protecting my data?"

The ease of use in terms of deployment, and also the metrics that it feeds back to you. Those are among the many attractive features of the whole platform.

What needs improvement?

We had a brief hiccup during one upgrade process, but it wasn't too extreme. I can't think of any other areas right now. During that upgrade we had a brief outage but it was quickly remedied.

Less than one year.

I don't think I've even hit ceiling with this thing, and I don't know if I ever will. It's just the way it handles data intelligently, and its ability to scale, is just fantastic.

Great. They've reached out to me multiple times. Sales rep has been fantastic. He was during deployment as well. I think they're really great people, and it seems like they really care about their customers, they want their customers to be successful.

Tech support has been really strong. You can reach out to them. I haven't had any troubles at all with tech support. Overall, just very positive.

We were using EqualLogic from Dell, and it was just slow as molasses. Dell is just too big. They say they're for their SMB customer, but they really aren't. They really just want to push product. Plus, they gave up on a product that they were marketing as an overall solution. So now I have a solution from them, not that it's supposed to last forever, but now it's just an aging, obsolete piece of equipment basically.

It's not really complex. The overall ease of use in terms of the user interface, the hands-on delivery and instructions provided by sales, made it a very smooth experience.

You want the best, you've got to pay for the best, that's all. In terms of licensing, just work with your VAR.

We were looking at EMC and Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

The first impression of Reduxio, when I saw the demo at a colleague's workspace, it was pretty eye-opening and it just looked like a fantastic product. Having deployed it, that impression really hasn't changed. I think our particular deployment scenarios are a bit different in terms of having unique data. My deduplication rates aren't necessarily the same as someone else because I have a lot of unique data. But I'm still glad I purchased it. There are just too many features that are too attractive to have any regrets over buying it.

I have not considered replacing our storage and backup with the Reduxio converged primary and secondary platform, just because I'm limited in terms of finances and budget. But if I could, I would.

They don't strike me as just another vendor, I consider them really on the cutting edge of storage.

I rate it a 10 out of 10 because of the ease of use and customer service.

Do your research. Look at overall cost factors, and I think you'll come away with an understanding that Reduxio offers the best product out there for the money.