Reduxio

Reduxio Review
It has the ability to do snapshots to any second in the last 24 hours.

253

Valuable Features:

There are several features which have really set Reduxio apart in my mind as we went to renew our SAN storage and chose Reduxio:

1) The pre-processing dedupe engine they have instead of post-processing. At the time of writing there are not a lot of vendors which have an excellent tiering engine which writes to RAM, then SSD, then HDD, but also flag each block of data on the way in and only write unique data down to the hard drives.  I currently have 2.7:1 and 2.5:1 dedupe savings ratios on my two SANs.  Yes, I got a second one because I liked the first one so much.  Notice from the screenshot below how 19 TB of data were written to the RAM tier but only 6 TB of unique data needed to be written to SSD.  Same thing with reads, 37 TB of data was read from the system but only 7 TB needed to be fetched from SSD and HDD. Impressive!  There is 256GB of RAM doing this cache, my old SAN had less than 1GB cache, 475MB to be exact.

2) The ability to do snapshots to any second in the last 24 hours, any hour for the last 3 days, any day in the last week, and any week in the last 3 months. This setting can be changed to suit your business requirements. Living in the era of Ransomware attacks breaking out every month I want to know I can use my Reduxio time machine to go back to the hour or second before the attack hit.

3) HTML5 management interface.  I was tired of fussing with java versions and breaking my management.  So far HTML5 has been beautiful and just works on all my devices and browsers.  Seriously take a look at the HTML5 management interface here and see if you are not impressed.

Improvements to My Organization:

I have been able to get about 60,000 IOPS and 2,000 MBps of throughput.  My business was previously running on 5,000 IOPS and 500 MBps of throughput per SAN.  This is a huge boost for us, approximately x4 speed increase which gives us more capacity to host virtual machines.

Room for Improvement:

I am waiting on a feature set in the new version which should allow me to replicate between Reduxio iSCSI SANs for disaster recovery and also to 3rd party iSCSI SANs which are cheaper for an archive or DR target.  This feature will be a huge cost savings solution for my business if we can get it up and running and will allow me flexibility to work with an archive level iSCSI SAN of my choosing.

Use of Solution:

We installed this solution on November 11th, 2016.

Deployment Issues:

Yes, I did not have jumbo frames enabled on my switches and this reduced the performance by approximately 50%.

Stability Issues:

None so far.

Scalability Issues:

My business will not be running more than 100 TB of virtual machines which I believe is around the capacity per box.  I do not know how scaling works beyond that.  I run about 10-20 TB of virtual machines per SAN.

The entire team has been responsive, on campus for face to face meetings, professional, and polite.  No complaints!

It has been excellent so far.  I have so far received the same technician on site every time.  I have been able to text him and get a reply within a few hours.  We have been able to resolve all my major business needs.

Previous Solutions:

The old solution was slow, expensive, and support stopped resolving my issues.

Initial Setup:

We got the SAN up and running in one 8 hour day.

Implementation Team:

Reduxio provided the implementation team which worked with our in house team.

ROI:

Honestly, not sure how to calculate this.  I will try to post on this in the next couple of weeks.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

It was the best price for capacity and speed on a hybrid array I could find.

Other Solutions Considered:

I researched Nimble, DataON, Nutanix, Compellent, Simplivity, VSAN, and Tintri.  My second choice was between Compellent and Nimble.

Other Advice:

They gave me a free proof of concept which was very customer friendly.  I advise you reach out and request to try it before you buy it and see if you don't fall in love with it.  Honestly, when I first installed it I was skeptical but the technology and team won me over.  I am very happy with Reduxio now!

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Reduxio?

Our experts can help. 228,931 professionals have used our research on 5,837 solutions.