Reduxio [EOL] Review

Performance is good, and the TimeOS is unique to this product

What is our primary use case?

Data storage, of course, not just for our user files, but for our virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

I like the performance. I think it's what you call a hybrid SAN. It has solid state drives and, of course, regular optical drives, which would make performance a lot better, faster.

I like the Reduxio TimeOS, specifically. That feature's pretty good. I haven't seen it in any other product. They're the only ones who have it. And it provides an extra layer of protection for your data.

What needs improvement?

The ones that I mentioned to them awhile back, they addressed, like the ability to replicate to other non-Reduxio systems, and replicate to cloud storage, for example. They've addressed that, and actually it's a part of the features now.

Still implementing.

No issues with stability at all.

I wouldn't know about scalability yet, until we actually use it with our production data. If anything, they claim their duplication ratio is very, very good. But of course, there are a lot of things that might affect that, so until I put my actual data in there - which would be not just Office files, but a lot of images and movie files, and databases - I won't see how well it actually duplicates data.

We haven't called them yet. We probably will, when we start installing Reduxio.

My file storage solutions right now are both getting to end-of-life. I have a solution from HPE and a solution from EMC. The idea is to make Reduxio my primary storage. Instead of having two different systems, I'll just have one big one.

It was very straightforward. I remember setting it up when we were testing it, it was very straightforward.

I think it is worth the value. What would we buy it if we didn't think it was of value to us?

I looked at HPE solutions, Nimble, SimpliVity. I looked at Tintri. I looked at a few other solutions out there as well.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't really used it yet. We're still trying to install it. We bought it, but it's not in production yet. We had a proof of concept unit that was given to us, for a "test drive," and to see all the features. After all the evaluations of other alternatives, we chose Reduxio.

Do your due diligence and look at all your options. But most of all, look at what your needs are, and make sure that what you choose is the closest one that will provide you with all your requirements, and your needs. Also, somehow, look ahead, and see if some of its features are something that you might be able to use in the future. Maybe other systems don't have that capability to replicate your data to cloud storage, like from Amazon or Microsoft. And this one has that. So even though I might not use it now, it's something that I will at least have. I'll be in a good position to actually take advantage of that capability.

So when you look at your solution today, just look at other things that the company has envisioned, to where they want to bring the product, and what they plan to do with it.

I have to give it a 10 out of 10. I've tested it for a long time. The company, the vendor, was good enough to lend it to me for several months. It's pretty good.