Reduxio Review

BackDating option enables us to restore volumes based on time

What is our primary use case?

Corproate data storage. We use it to hold all of our virtual servers, file servers.

How has it helped my organization?

By using the BackDating option we can restore volumes based on time. It also reduces volumes and maintenance time.

Before we moved to Reduxio, we had difficulties managing what had been backed up. We have to be very, very specific, professional with backups and, with Reduxio, it's very easy to manage and use. This is a benefit from the product because although it's doing what all others do, it's doing it better.

What is most valuable?

• Super easy to use, manage, maintain; just jump into the pool and start to swim, the learning curve was super quick.
  • Very good price/performance solution.
  • Straightforward to learn.
  • The ability to scale out, adding more capacity, is very easy.

What needs improvement?

It needs integration with cloud vendors for remote storage, and to be able to restore a single machine from a specific volume.

Integration is needed with other virtual vendors like VMware, Veeam, Hyper-V; that integration needs to be deeper, not just the way that they're using it now. I know that it's under development, but I think this is one of the disadvantages, for now, as a young company. They have to work with the other players on the market.

Also, they're trying to do this, but they need to show more what their growth plan is, the development, what the next steps are, the future; to let the customers feel and trust that they're not just another storage company, that they are different.

Finally, we have a few small items. We can't call them issues, rather they are unresolved questions about controlling the machine. Each level of support, the technical guys in their company, should have his own user and be able to monitor and gauge areas to manage and control, per person, and not that anyone has everything administrative.

Less than one year.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Professionals, they know the product inside-out.

The whole team are just amazing. They answer any questions that we have on the time. It was very delightful to do a training session with them, we like their way of thinking. They trust their product.

In the beginning we had some small issues. They were very professional, very understanding, and have technical knowledge and engineering knowledge of the product. I didn't feel at any time, when we talked with their technical guys, that they would say, "Okay. I will check into it," and then get an answer in a few days. Everything was, "Okay, I know, I have the documents, this is the answer." It was great.

We used traditional storage but when they didn't renew support we found Reduxio.

We switched to Reduxio mostly because of faster performance. They challenged, big-time, the past performance we had seen. Once we trusted the product, we felt comfortable to make the change and switch over.

The deployment was straightforward, with no complex issues.

The integrator asked us for a few technical things before the installation. They installed it in the Reduxio lab, tested everything, and then just brought it on site. They plugged it in and, after two hours, everything was running. We started to do the proof of concept, and then moved forward to use it in production.

The product's pricing is definitely a good value.

I think that the license is pretty fair. As much as I know, there are two kinds of licenses, mostly for the capacity usage. I don't think that they should complicate the product with many kinds of licenses, that you have to buy this one and it has this feature, etc.

As we know, in the market, if you're looking for a solution, you pay for the solution. If you buy a thin product and then want to expand it, first you pay double. It's better to pay for the whole bundle and then use it, and maybe not use some of the features, rather than start to add new features or new licenses and pay for them.

We evaluated EMC and HPE. We looked at and considered Nimble, before it became HPE, and we looked for an IBM solution.

When I looked for other vendors I found their response time was slow, from my point of view. The decision to go to Reduxio came after considering the solution, the price, and the ability for Reduxio to have us do a "try and buy." They challenged us with, "Okay take it, test it, see that you are not disappointed." That was the turning point for the decision.

What other advice do I have?

We have already replaced our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

My first impression was, "Wow, it's cool, I don’t believe that it is so simple to operate." I thought it looks and feels very innovative, very easy. The team was super professional, super responsive, with a lot of personal commitment to the project. Compared to others, they caught our attention, and it wasn't a hard choice to go with Reduxio. Over time, as I got deeper into experience with Reduxio, I became convinced our decision to buy the product was good, the right decision. The Reduxio team also makes a difference, it's great.

In terms of whether Reduxio is "just another storage vendor," it's hard to say because, for the last four or five months that we've been using Reduxio, there have been no errors, no technical issues. Communicating with the technical team has been very friendly, feeling at home. I don't know would happen if are technical issues. Then we will be able to compare if they're something different or just another company.

As for replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio's converged primary and secondary platform, we are doing so. We trialed and purchased the first unit and now we're purchasing the second unit. We'll keep using the primary and secondary unit, so in a month or two we'll be a full Reduxio site.

In our case everything went according to plan so:

• define your requirements
  • compare solutions
  • find the vendor
  • coordinate/manage expectations
  • negotiate and then run the project.

My advice would be, look for simplicity of the product. Complexity is not an indicator of how it works as a good, first-class storage device. Sometimes, looking at Reduxio, you might say, "Okay, it's too easy. It's too simple to do things, compared to other vendors, that take us two, or 10, or 20 - dozens of screens - to do what is done in a single click on Reduxio.

Sometimes very old-fashioned organizations, corporations, or small businesses look at the product and say, "It looks very simple, too simple, I don't think that it's a serious product, that it can be so simple."

For now, having used it for less than six months, I would rate it as a nine out of 10. It's really good, easy, fast, and I have had a great experience with the staff, with the technical, and with the product. I hope that will be kept up for the next six years. We don't want to be in a crisis, but that's when you find who is real strong, what the company is like to work with.

I would be happy to recommend that others go with Reduxio.

1 visitor found this review helpful