Reduxio [EOL] Review

BackDating feature allows us to go back to any point, at one-second granularity

What is our primary use case?

Exchange, SQL, file server.

How has it helped my organization?

Our ability to respond to any data damage has improved dramatically. Performance has also improved substantially.

What is most valuable?

The BackDating feature which allows us to go back to any point in the past at one second granularity, is an amazing feature and allows us to recover from any mishap to our data – whether it's a malware attack, an application error or a human error. We have never seen this capability in any other storage product.

Ease of use is another advantage – administration is extremely simple.

The always-on deduplication and compression is also effective and allows us to achieve about 3x savings on space utilization.

What needs improvement?

Scalability. Reduxio has only one product, they don’t have an option, for now, to expand the storage product.

Less than one year.

The system has been extremely stable.

Not an issue for us at this stage.

Sales and technical teams are very professional, friendly, and honest. The technical support in particular is excellent. They have proactive support which alerts us immediately when any issue is identified.

Yes, we used a different product from one of the large storage vendors. We switched because the service contract ended.

Extremely simple and straightforward. In 30 minutes the system was installed and we could start setting up volumes.

Reduxio’s licensing model is quite attractive. All licenses are included in the product pricing.

What other advice do I have?

First impression was that "it's too good to be true" and we wanted to see if the product really does deliver all the capabilities that were presented to us. It's not "just another storage vendor". Reduxio has definitely created a different category with their technology.

The simplicity of managing the product is light years ahead of any storage products we have ever managed. The BackDating feature gives us a time machine that we can use to traverse time and go back to any second – no other storage product does anything close to this.

In terms of ease of use, the GUI is quite amazing and seems to be taken from a computer game. Literally within 30 minutes, we had learned almost everything there is on the management UI and started managing the device. No other product we have come across comes close to the simplicity and ease of use of Reduxio.

Still, we have not considered replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.