Reduxio [EOL] Review

Reduced footprint, saves money on refresh, maintenance; a major performance upgrade

What is our primary use case?

VMware storage device.

How has it helped my organization?

This device has allowed us to reduce our footprint, saving money on equipment refresh and maintenance. It has given us a major upgrade in performance I/O, increasing database response time and increasing efficiencies.

The refresh of an older SAN was crtical this year. Reduxio was able to far exceed our needs within the available budget, and made the SAN transition easy and transparent. It require no downtime during the conversion.

What is most valuable?

The TimeOS support and I/O performance. For instance, recovery of data from any point in time, and the speed of the unit, are incredible compared to other devices we reviewed. We can backdate to any time necessary to recover from any kind of disaster, like ransomware.

It is very easy to use, very easy to configure, very easy to manipulate how we manage our data stores.

What needs improvement?

• Have some hooks into cloud storage for backup.
  • Update the system to use additional secondary storage as a resource.

Less than one year.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability, the way the product is deployed.

I would rate tech support #1. The support has been so responsive and great, they feel like one of our staff members. They provide unmatched support for our organization. They are very easy to deal with, very comprehensive on their demos and in their knowledge. They are very helpful in all aspects from the demo to the sales to the implementation.

Hardware refresh cycle demanded the replacement of an older EMC VNXe 3100 unit within our VMware array. We needed to find a new solution for our data store. We looked around, we shopped at all the products that were out there. We looked at hyper-converged. And at the end of the day, Reduxio met the needs that we had, actually exceeded them at the time.

Too easy. Engineering Support arrived, set up, trained, and began migrating data stores within two hours. They gave us great training up-front.

There was little learning curve. The device training was excellent, and very fast to pick up how to use. You don't need to be a storage engineer to use this device.

Only one device is sold. Negotiate the initial storage, but you can start small and move up with ease. Negotiate.

We went with the base tier. It's one size. Even though you're buying licensing for a certain amount of storage, there is actually a lot more storage built into the box, which is great. You have that expandability within the component, without having to go out and retool or buy more storage. It's already built into the unit.

EMC VNXe, HPE MSA 2040, Nutanix, Nimble, Tegile.

What other advice do I have?

We have not looked into the option of replacing our storage and backup with Reduxio’s converged primary and secondary platform.

However, we were impressed by the TimeOS ability to recover data to any point in time. Now that we are using the device we are more impressed with the I/O speed and ease of managing the unit. We have become more efficient by using this device.

Reduxio is not just another vendor. Definitely different. From sales to support, the company has been extremely impressive, far exceeding our expectations. I would call them an innovator within the sector.

I'd definitely give it two thumbs up. From their sales to the service, the way they managed the implementation, it was just flawless. It was a no-brainer, and they hit it out of the park on the product. If you're looking for local storage vs. cloud, it's definitely the solution to go with, especially with their time warp feature. If you're worried about ransomware it will enable yo to recover from that.

My advice: Buy it, love it, never look back.

1 visitor found this review helpful