Reduxio [EOL] Review

Its box has improved our resiliency and management overhead

What is our primary use case?

While looking for a SAN, I came across the Reduxio solution by chance. It has not only resolved the issue of replacing our old SANs, but provided a radical solution to threats posed by ransomware with its backdating feature which is built-in.

How has it helped my organization?

The Reduxio box has improved our resiliency and management overhead. While EqualLogic provided a very elaborate SAN HQ to manage the box, Reduxio offers a very simple, elegant user interface (design) to manage it.

The following give the team who acquire Reduxio boxes a big advantage:

• Reliability
  • Reduced management overhead
  • Resiliency
  • Performance.

What is most valuable?

• Backdating
  • User interface

Reduxio provides a means of backing up the data that you store in it down to one second granularity. This means if you are hit with ransomware, you do not lose data. All you do is rotate the dial to a point in time where you know the data was intact. That is it, and you are back in business. The user interface makes it easy to keep an eye on it, which you do not have to as Reduxio teams keep a 24/7 eye on it. They will alert you if there is a problem before you find out.

What needs improvement?

Make it easier to use with slightly older versions of VMware.

The ability to look at data at a file level would be useful, as well as the ability recover at that level. Right now, you can only recover whole volumes.

Less than one year.

We have not encountered any issues with the stability. It is a very solid product.

We have not scaled this box.

The service is great.

Having come to the end of the road for our EqualLogic SANs, we were looking for a new SAN. Around the same time (end of 2016), 2017 was predicted be the year of ransomware and that many services would be disrupted by ransomware attacks.

We switched because our warranties had come to an end. We had the option to buy a new SAN, if needed.

We implement through the vendor.

ROI is how much (time, money, resources) you will save in case of a ransomware attack because you had this box.

We have full use of the box (in terms of capacity). I think that you are able to buy a minimum capacity, then grow your capacity within the box as you expand your data needs.

Set up costs are minimal. We were early adopters so we received really good pricing.

We evaluated only one other before we came across Reduxio. Once we found out what the box could do, which as of yet (to my knowledge) other vendors can't, it was just a case of acquiring the box.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest you obtain it if you can. It is not a difficult decision to make at this point in time. In time, it is possible that other manufacturers will catch up with the Reduxio concept. Right now, it is the only box that does backdating and deduping  of data within the same box.