RHEV Review

User friendly, easy to configure, and affordable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to implement ERP. If you want to have multiple servers on the same machine or if you do not require multiple machines it supports kernel-based virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

The solution is overall very good with all the facilities. It is user friendly, easy to configure, has documentation, and support is available.

What needs improvement?

Customers are not aware of this solution, they can improve by providing more awareness and solution availability. The technical features are okay right now for our requirements, but of course, with technology, there are areas for improvement.

Additionally, there should be more integration with other platforms.

I have used it for a couple of years.

It is a very stable solution.

The solution is scalable.

It has good support, but we did not require to use it much.

The installation was easy. The time was affected by configuration requirements and the extent of work needed for customization. For example, the simplicity or complexity of it, how many virtual machines we want to establish, or whether we want MDM.

We normally use approximately 35 people to implement the solution.

The solution does not require licencing but a subscription is necessary, which is very affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users.

I rate RHEV a nine out of ten.

More RHEV reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with VMware vSphere
Learn what your peers think about RHEV. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.