Few pros of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are-
1) Kernel based virtual machine(KVM) virtualization technology
2) Good application compatibility and interface
3) Memory page sharing
4) NIC bonding
5) Multipath I/O
6) Efficient guest consolidation, live migration and HA
7) SELinux for enhanced security
Room for Improvement:
Few cons of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor are1) Need to create virtual machine environment per node
2) Issues with clustering
3) Load balancing not very efficient and fails to utilize and distribute network resources.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor is an enterprise virtualization solution made by Red Hat. It has been designed for intergration with Virtualization manager with servers. It has robust virtualization management features with proven enterprise security and performance. This Hypervisor is basically based on Kernel Based Virtual Machine. It has inbuilt features such as live migration, high availability (which manages server availability), and zero downtime for the virtual machines.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 03 2012