RHEV Review

Excellent virtualization, good stability, and very good technical support

What is most valuable?

The solution is a great all-round product. The virtualization is especially good.

What needs improvement?

The GUI interface needs improvement. Not 90%, but 50% or 60% of the work is done from the command line and so on, so the GUI needs work because people are looking for an easier way to manage the environment. Right now, if someone is not very familiar with Red Hat and actually is looking to add Red Hat to the environment, they have to take some training. It needs to be easier to use.

The solution could use network virtualization.

The stability is very good. We've had very good feedback on it.

The solution is very scalable.

The technical support is very good.

The initial setup can be a bit complex, but it depends on the deployment itself.

What other advice do I have?

We are resellers of Red Hat. We deal with various deployment models, however, we generally deal with on-premises.

I would recommend the solution. Of course, it depends on what an organization is looking for in terms of virtualization.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More RHEV reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with VMware vSphere
Learn what your peers think about RHEV. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.