RHEV Review

Relatively inexpensive and offers average technical support but needs a better user interface

What is most valuable?

The price is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's much cheaper than, for example, VMware.

What needs improvement?

The interface is a bit complex, in my opinion. They should work to simplify it if possible.

Currently, we cannot get a direct local resource mount.

When I want to customize the solution, I would like to have a similar operating system resource included, similar to what VMware offers. We'd like to have the same hosting features VMware has.

I've been using the solution for about two years now.

In comparison to VMware, this solution isn't as stable. We're testing it right now, and we're not trusting the stability of the product.

We only two people working on the solution currently, as we test it. We haven't scaled it at all.

The technical support offered by Red Hat is average. It's not exceptional, but it's not bad either.

I didn't set up the solution at our organization. I don't know if it is complex or straightforward in terms of implementation.

The solution is quite inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't recommend the solution currently. We don't trust the product, so to use it as a mission-critical solution wouldn't be advised. However, overall, it's okay.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. Red Hat solution is not the best, in my opinion. It's not as stable, but it is much cheaper than VMware, so companies can save money using it if they need to.

More RHEV reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with VMware vSphere