Riverbed SteelCenter Aternity Review

It's improved our organization by giving us visualizations and measurements of what users are often doing and by quantifying how the application is performing.

Improvements to My Organization

It's improved our organization by giving us visualizations and measurements of what users are often doing and by quantifying how the application is performing, how persistent it is, etc.

Valuable Features

In our current version, the user experience it provides is the most valuable feature for us. Also, the performance navigator is very valuable.

Room for Improvement

I’ve seen the version 9 demo and they have really improved the product. It starts out as a high-level view. They've additionally added some great color coding, but they need to explain better and drive down further on the meanings of this workflow. For example, how quickly can I see why it’s not showing green?

Once you get it configured with full enterprise deployment, it's stable. There are minor modifications that needs to be done so that it's all-in-all stable.

You just hold on to certain components and base this on your size. In this way, it's stable.

The only fault I would give them is that I do troubleshooting on my own. If they could simplify or skip some stuff it would be great.

The initial setup was straightforward as they did this for us. The daily operation is straightforward.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through a vendor team.

Other Advice

This is the only tool we use to show us what the user is doing. It's also the quickest product for its value. I'd highly recommend the product.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employeesReal User

Hi Paul
Who uses Aternity in your organization? Help Desk? Business? Developers?

06 September 16
Engineer at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employeesReal User

Is everyone aware that Aternity now has a User Forum on Riverbed?
You can find it on the Riverbed forumn under SteelCentral and then Aternity
The link is splash.riverbed.com/community/product-lines/steelcentral/steelcentral-aternity

17 July 17