Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals Review

The Active Dashboards is valuable because we can show the results to all the related business units.

What is most valuable?

The product is very useful to find problems in middleware for the application servers, especially agent instrumentation and management is user friendly. The main point for me is that there is no overhead on the application servers.

The Active Dashboards is valuable because we can show the results to all the related business units and then they can follow end2end system monitoring side to track it themselves.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest problem of end-to-end APM monitoring is that service assurance is mapping a problem to the appropriate team. When the business units check their jobs, step by step, every single system seems to work properly but they need to check the big picture, which AppInternals does easily.

What needs improvement?

The admin dashboard could be easier as it takes a little bit of time to get used to it. Also, they need to better integrate with products and solutions from different vendors.

We have been using this for around two and a half years alongside AppResponse and BrowserMetrix.

10/10 as they have a quick response and are awesome.

We use different APM tools for addressing problems on the application side of the application servers. Every APM solution has a similar logic base, and through agents monitors traffic and renders the result. Our problem before using AppInternals was that the agent that worked on the application servers had a big overhead. This resulted in the owners of the applications not wanting to monitor with those agents. Therefore, we started to search for an APM solution for our applications. The starting point of our search was for a stable solution, and at the end of the POC process, we decided that the Riverbed AppInternals agent solved the overhead and stability problems best.

İt is really straightforward and can be completed with a couple of clicks and you don't need to perform a lot of deep diving.

The initial setup was performed by the vendor team, but updates and reinstalls have been done by in-house staff.

The licensing model is expensive compared to its competitors, but the service it gives to your business, and the data quality, means that it's worth it.

What other advice do I have?

Every service assurance and monitoring team should try the product. It can probably improve your internal business relationships.

More Riverbed SteelCentral AppInternals reviews from users